QE Maternity was rated among the very best in the country by the official healthcare regulator the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We received an ‘outstanding’ rating - the highest possible mark - based on a recent, detailed hospital inspection and feedback from local people. Read more here
Why choose us?
Having a baby is an exciting, life changing experience. Our highly skilled, caring team of professionals are here to support and guide you at all stages of pregnancy, birth and the early postnatal period.
We understand that this is a special and unique time for you and your family. We aim to put you at the centre of your own maternity care, empowering you to make informed choices about your pregnancy, birth and beyond.
We can offer you:
- One to one midwifery care in labour
- Kind, compassionate staff
- The opportunity for birthing partners to stay over, where rooms are available
- Modern birth environment, with the option of a birthing pool and equipment for active births (mats, birthing balls and a febromed available)
Our full range of facilities can be personalised to the individual
We have a high rate of normal births, but obstetricians and anesthetists can attend the birth if needed – right at your bedside, without the need to move you elsewhere while in labour
- Pregnancy Assessment Centre
- Education Room
- Six private, ensuite and modern delivery rooms, with the option of a birthing pool and equipment for active births (mats, birthing balls and a febromed available)
- 16 postnatal beds (including en suite single rooms where birthing partners can stay too, both low and high risk deliveries)
- Jungle Room – space for toddlers and other children to play while visiting postnatal, and a day room
- Induction rooms and a family suite
Want to see more?
Please click here for a gallery of photos.
Please see below for our Virtual Tour of the unit:
If you would like a chat about coming to QE to have your baby or would like a tour of our unit, please call maternity reception on 0191 445 2763