Welcome to QE Maternity
QE Maternity was rated among the very best in the country by the official healthcare regulator the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We received an ‘outstanding’ rating - the highest possible mark - based on a recent, detailed hospital inspection and feedback from local people. Read more here
We can offer you:
- One to one midwifery care in labour
- Kind, compassionate staff
- Free parking in labour
- The opportunity for birthing partners to stay over, where rooms are available
- Modern birth environment, with the option of a birthing pool and equipment for active births (mats, birthing balls and a febromed available)
Our full range of facilities can be personalised to the individual
We have a high rate of normal births, but obstetricians and anesthetists can attend the birth if needed – right at your bedside, without the need to move you elsewhere while in labour
- Pregnancy Assessment Centre
- Education Room
- Six private, ensuite and modern delivery rooms, with the option of a birthing pool and equipment for active births (mats, birthing balls and a febromed available)
- 16 postnatal beds (including en suite single rooms where birthing partners can stay too, both low and high risk deliveries)
- Jungle Room – space for toddlers and other children to play while visiting postnatal, and a day room
- Induction rooms and a family suite
Want to see more?
Please click here for a gallery of photos.
Please see below for our Virtual Tour of the unit:
If you would like a chat about coming to QE to have your baby or would like a tour of our unit, please call maternity reception on 0191 445 2763