Gateshead NHS Foundation Trust is rated ‘good’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We have some services that are rated ‘outstanding’, including:
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital (rated outstanding for caring and leadership)
Our last inspection was in August 2019 when the CQC reported that:
- Staff were open and transparent, and fully committed to reporting incidents and near-misses. Learning was based on a thorough analysis and investigation when things went wrong.
- Care and treatment of patients was planned and delivered in line with current evidence-based guidance, standards, best practice and legislation. This was also monitored to ensure consistency of practice.
- Patients and their families or carers told the CQC that they were positive about the way staff treated them. Staff were found to care for patients with compassion.
- In surgery, there were innovative approaches to providing integrated person-centred pathways of care that involved other service providers, particularly for patients with multiple and complex needs.
- Staff were proud of the organisation as a place to work and spoke highly of the culture.
- There were processes in place to identify, understand, monitor and address current and future risks. The trust had clear governance processes in place to drive patient safety forward. The service proactively engaged and involved all staff.
We are very proud that the Queen Elizabeth Hospital is consistently proven to be one of the top hospitals in the country.
We put our patients at the heart of everything we do and believe in providing quality and excellence to our patients.