About the service
We are a 12 bedded department that is split into two sides, level 3 critical care patients and level 2 high dependency patients.
We are quite a big team as our patients require a lot of specialised care, level 3 patients are nursed with a 1:1 ratio and level 2 patients with a 1:2.
We have a large multidisciplinary team consisting of physiotherapists, dieticians, rehabilitation nurses, research nurses and organ donation, all helping to ensure our patients receive the best evidenced based care.
Our patients come from a wide variety of clinical specialities via both elective and emergency pathways.
We offer enhanced levels of nursing care including:
- Support patients post operatively
- Organ support for patients with single/ multi organ dysfunction
- for example: invasive/ non-invasive ventilation for respiratory failure
- hemofiltration for renal failure
- inotrope/ vasopressor therapy for patients with cardiac dysfunction
We have three slots available for visiting:
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- 2pm – 3pm
- 5pm – 6pm
We have open visiting for end of life care.