About the service
We are a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals who specialise in holistic diabetes care. Our team includes administration staff, a specialist dietician, doctors, healthcare assistants, specialist midwives, nurses, podiatrists, a pharmacist, retinal screeners, and research clinicians. We have expertise in all areas of diabetes care and provide both outpatient and inpatient treatment.
We are committed to ensuring we deliver a high quality, safe service through education, audit and clinical governance. We welcome general clinical queries from primary care via our ‘advice and guidance’ service.
We are a “Clinical Research Active” Trust and committed to participate in NIHR Portfolio Clinical Studies tailored to needs of the population we serve.
Our specialist services include
- Specialist clinics for all types of diabetes
- Education and initiation of continuous and flash glucose monitoring
- Insulin pump clinics
- Intensive patient education, including DAFNE courses
- Transition services in conjunction with our paediatric diabetes service
- Preconception services and joint antenatal endocrine clinics
- Diabetes foot clinics, with close links to the regional tertiary vascular team
- Advice and support during hospital admission for patients with diabetes
Service opening times
This service operates at Trinity Diabetes Centre and is open Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm.
Trinity Square Health Centre
24 West Street
Tyne and Wear