About the service
The Frailty Team consists of nurses and a physiotherapist working in the ECC to identify frailty in people aged 65+ using the Rockwood Clinical Frailty Scale.
The team completes a clinical note or initiates a Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment using information from patients, relatives, and care providers. The team will contribute to the treatment and care plan which supports patient care and flow through the hospital. If a person is medically well the team will also support a safe discharge home.
Services we offer
- Identifying Frailty
- Initiate Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Communicate to patients, relatives, care providers
- Multidisciplinary/agency working
- Support care and treatment plan
- Timely referrals to other services
- Support Early Discharge
- Provide Physiotherapy Assessment and Advice
- Support and Educate staff