Women’s Health Clinic
Women’s health clinic provides antenatal care while you are pregnant ensuring mum and baby are well. The midwife/doctor providing antenatal care will:-
- Check the health and well-being of you and your baby.
- Give useful information to enable you to have a healthy pregnancy, including advice about healthy eating and exercise.
- Discuss your options and choices for your care during pregnancy, labour and birth.
- Answer any questions that you have.
- We also provide pregnancy ultrasound scans.
- Antenatal screening tests – to find out the probability of your baby having certain conditions/genetic/chromosomal conditions.
- We also provide specialised MDT clinics to care for women and their babies with more specialised needs, such as Diabetes/Mental Health conditions.
How to contact the service
Within Women’s Health Clinic we have a highly specialised team of Consultant Gynaecologists who all participate in treating a wide range of gynaecological conditions.
Here at Gateshead, maternity birth reflections has two main aims;
- To help women look into their birth experience by giving them the opportunity to reflect
- Gain answers to questions and to help our maternity service to identify areas of which we can improve our service provision.
We have a team of senior midwives who are able to meet with you/partner/family in confidence to review your experience of pregnancy and childbirth.
We are able to offer a midwife led service that explores birth events in a friendly environment that aims to help women/family to express how the experience has met their expectations and enable us to talk through unanswered questions with them.
We know that birth experience can be emotive. Our experience from evaluations of care show that clarification of issues can help dissolve fears and build confidence in the planning of future pregnancies.